HD80 Deck Stripper Scores (1-10)
Removal of Graying, Dirt, Grime: 9
– HD80 as with most stains stripper scores exceptionally well when it comes to removal of dirt, grime, and mold.
Cost Per Square Foot: 9
– Scores very well when it comes to cost effectiveness. One container of stripper sells for $23.99 and makes 5 liquid gallons. This translates to about $5 per liquid gallon. Each gallon covers 150 square feet.
Removal of Old Stain: 8
– HD80 contains a mixture of sodium hydroxide and surfactants. When stripping the Olympic deck stain, the HD80 had little trouble. The coating was softened to the point that light agitation removed the Olympic. A small test on a difficult to remove acrylic stain (Behr) showed better then adequate results. The HD80 did darken the wood considerably but the use of it’s sister product (Citralic Wood Brightener) reversed the darkening and lightened the wood considerably.
Ease of Application: 7
– HD80 is a very strong formula and special care needs to be taken when mixing the powder with water. It is important to wear protective gloves and eye wear. If any of the HD80 gets on your skin, rinse immediately. Once the powder had dissolved in the water, the Hd80 was easily applied with a pump sprayer. Coverage was better then average at 150 square feet per gallon.
Final Appearance of Stripping: 8
– The Olympic semi-transparent stain was 95% removed when done. A few small areas of stain that were unexposed did not come off.
– HD80 gets one of our highest scores for a deck stain stripper. The low cost of the product allows for repeated applications if needed for difficult stain removal.
Where To Buy: Select Stores or Online
Product Type: Powdered Concentrate Deck Stain Stripper
Available Sizes: 2 Pound Container Makes 5 Liquid Gallons
Application Temperature: 45-95 F
Coverage Per Gallon: 100-200 sq. ft
Application Tools: Scrub Brush, Pump Sprayer
Manufacturer: Extreme Solutions
Test Deck Stats:
Deck Wood Type: Pressure Treated Pine
Deck Square Footage: 400
Condition of Deck: Heavily worn Olympic Oil Based Semi-Transparent Deck Stain
How Much Product Used: 2 Pounds. Retails for $29.99.
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take inconsideration that results may differ due to different wood types, exposure to UV radiation, and natural weathering.
Average Ratings Score From Consumers Who Have Used Product