Important Note: This is our 2nd review for Flood CWF UV5. See our first review here: Flood CWF5 Oil Review
- Premium oil finish ideal for newer, less weathered wood
- Adds minimal color and highlights the natural wood grain
- Penetrating formula protects against moisture damage
- Mildew-resistant finish won’t crack, peel or flake
- Clear Tint Base can be custom-matched to most wood tones while maintaining the wood’s natural look
- Apply quickly with a pump or airless sprayer, or brush or roll on
- Features Penetrol®, which penetrates and protects wood from the inside out, ensuring long-lasting performance
Flood CWF5 Oil Stain Scores (1-10)
Appearance After Initial Stain Application: 8
– The Flood CWF-UV5 had a nice rich color when applied to the ACQ Pine decking. Golden with a hint of orange color. Knots were a little lighter in color than the rest of the deck but, that is normal for a true oil based stain. Grain was highlighted well.
Preventing UV Graying at 2 Year Mark: 7
– Color retention was decent. Flooring lost about 30% color, but railings retained much of the original color.
Wear/Tear and Peeling: 7
– No peeling, but there was wearing around the high traffic areas.