Wolman™ DeckBrite Wood Cleaner is an oxygen powered wood cleaner used to clean and restore decks and other weathered wood. When mixed with water, DeckBrite quickly and safely restores dirty, weathered-gray, mildew and algae-stained wood to its bright, natural, like-new look. DeckBrite is used to prep for reapplication of wood stains as well.
Wolman™ DeckBrite™ Wood Deck Cleaner Scores (1-10)
Removal of Graying, Dirt, Grime: 8
- Wolman™ DeckBrite cleans and removes grayed wood very effectively. We prefer oxygenated based wood cleaners and the DeckBrite performs as we would expect.
Cost Per Square Foot: 10
- Excellent! Powdered deck cleaners are hard to beat when it comes to cost.
Removal of Old Stain: N/A
- Wolman™ DeckBrite is wood cleaner and preps stains for re-coating. Not designed to strip wood or deck stains.
Ease of Application: 7
- We had trouble getting the powder to dissolve into the cold water. This caused some clogging with the pump sprayer. Not sure of the “blue” tint this product creates. Did not seem to harm the wood though.
Final Appearance of Cleaning: 8
- The IPE wood had been restored to about 80% of it’s natural state. There remained a small amount of graying.
Overall Score for Wolman™ DeckBrite™ Wood Deck Cleaner: 8.25
- The Wolman™ DeckBrite is very good wood and deck cleaner. If you need to prep your deck prior to application then using this product would be effective. There are better Oxygenated Deck Cleaners on the Internet (Restore-A-Deck) but if you are shopping at a big box store and need to choose between Wolman™ DeckBrite and other brands, we would suggest the Wolmans.
Where To Buy: Menards, Sears and Paint Stores
Product Type: Powdered Concentrated Deck Cleaner
Available Sizes: 1 pound and 2.25 pound containers
Application Temperature: 45-95 F
Coverage Per Gallon: 100-200 sq. ft
Application Tools: Scrub Brush, Pump Sprayer
Test Deck Stats:
Location of Deck: North Carolina
When Tested: April 2011
Deck Wood Type: Hardwood IPE Decking
Deck Square Footage: 750
Condition of Deck: Unstained graying wood.
How Much Product Used: 2 Pounds Retails for $19.99
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take inconsideration that results may differ due to different wood types, exposure to UV radiation, and natural weathering.