This post was updated on April 25, 2023
30 Seconds Deck Cleaner Review 2023
30 Seconds outdoor cleaner cleans algae, mold, and mildew from anything outdoors. 30 Seconds Outdoor Deck Cleaner can be used on a variety of surfaces; wood decks, concrete driveways, sidewalks, stucco, vinyl siding, brick walls, plastic outdoor furniture, you name it. If it’s outdoors and dirty from humidity and wet weather, 30 Seconds can clean it all. Simply spray on and hose off. It’s clean when you want it clean.
Note: We used the 30 Second Cleaner for prepping a wood deck in our test results.
30 Seconds Deck Cleaner Rating (1-10)
Removal of Graying, Dirt, Grime: 5
– The 30 Seconds Outdoor Deck Cleaner did a poor job of cleaning and removing the graying. The cleaner removed mildew and mold, but it does nothing to remove old deteriorated coatings and oxidation/graying of the wood. It lightened the color of the wood slightly. On inspection of the contents, it is basically bleach with soap additives.
Cost Per Square Foot: 7
– Cheap for a liquid outdoor deck and mildew cleaner but since it does not work very well, we could not give it a better rating here.
Ease of Application: 9
– The 30 Seconds Outdoor Deck Cleaner applies easily with a pump sprayer. No mixing is needed. Just fill the sprayer and apply. Consistency hasn’t any issues with the clogging of the sprayer.
Final Appearance of Cleaning: 6
– We were not impressed with the overall cleaning, just bleached out the wood somewhat.
Overall Score for 30 Seconds Outdoor Deck Cleaner: 6.75
– 30 Seconds Outdoor Deck Cleaner is a poor way to prep your wood or deck for a stain. Basically, is is just bleach with some soap in it. Bleach is bad for exterior wood as it damages the lignin or “glue” that holds the wood’s cellular structure together. Bleach is also bad for the surrounding areas and to use without proper equipment and or protection.
Where To Buy: Home Depot, Lowes
Product Type: Deck Cleaner and Mold/Mildew Remover
Available Sizes: 1 Gallon and Ready to use Spray Bottles
Application Temperature: 45-95 F
Coverage Per Gallon: 100-200 sq. ft
Application Tools: Pump Sprayer and Hose
Manufacturer: 30 Second Outdoor Deck Cleaner
Test Deck Stats:
Deck Wood Type: Western Red Cedar
Deck Square Footage: 600
The Condition of Deck: Heavily grayed with mold/mildew.
How Much Product Used: 1 Gallon Retails for $20.99 per gallon.
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different wood types, exposure to UV radiation, and natural weathering.
The Best Deck Cleaner Video
Deck Stain Help & Questions
Stain Reviews & Comparisons
As an article and comment contributor to the site, Scott has been around the pressure washing industry since attending college. In 1993 he started his first company called Oakland Pressure Wash specializing in exterior pressure washing and deck staining. That company evolved into OPW L.L.C. shortly thereafter concentrating more on exterior wood and deck restoration. Scott and his Deck Cleaning Michigan company have restored over 10,000 decks in the Metro Detroit area since the early years. He has become an authority in the deck restoration industry and has contributed to numerous wood restoration forums and informative sites.
All the products he suggests through this site are sold through online sites and in retail stores, allowing the consumer to choose their own means of purchase. Scott’s eCommerce sites do sell many top brands he endorses and if you appreciate any of the help he has offered then feel free to purchase from one of them.