BEHR Premium 2-In-1 Deck Cleaner is a cleaner specifically formulated to clean and brighten wood surfaces as well as remove mildew stains. This unique product will also remove tannin bleed, red clay stains, rust stains on wood and masonry, and clean vinyl/aluminum siding, composite decks and more!
BEHR Premium 2-In-1 Deck Cleaner Scores (1-10)
Removal of Graying, Dirt, Grime: 5
– The BEHR Premium 2-In-1 Deck Cleaner did a poor job of cleaning and removing the graying. The cleaner did not remove any of the mold or mildew from the wood. It did lighten the color of the wood slightly. On inspection of the contents, it was determined that this product is more of a wood brightener than a wood cleaner. Contains oxalic acid and a soap additive.
Cost Per Square Foot: 7
– Cheap for a liquid deck cleaner but since it does not work very well we could not give it a high rating here.
Removal of Old Stain: N/A
– BEHR Premium 2-In-1 Deck Cleaner is not a stain stripper.
Ease of Application: 9
– The BEHR Premium 2-In-1 Deck Cleaner applies easily with a pump sprayer. No mixing needed. Just fill sprayer and apply. Consistency hasn’t any issues with clogging of the sprayer.
Final Appearance of Cleaning: 6
– We were not impressed with the overall cleaning.
Overall Score for BEHR Premium 2-In-1 Deck Cleaner: 6.75
– BEHR Premium 2-In-1 Deck Cleaner is a poor way to prep your wood or deck for a stain
Where To Buy: Home Depot
Product Type: Deck Cleaner and Deck Brightener
Available Sizes: 1 Gallon
Application Temperature: 45-95 F
Coverage Per Gallon: 100-200 sq. ft
Application Tools: Scrub Brush, Pump Sprayer
Test Deck Stats:
Deck Wood Type: Western Red Cedar
Deck Square Footage: 500
The Condition of Deck: Heavily grayed with mold/mildew.
How Much Product Used: 4 Gallons Retails for $15.99 per gallon.
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different wood types, exposure to UV radiation, and natural weathering.