EFC-38’s unique formulation provides the strength necessary to clean gray wood, mold, mildew and heavy accumulations of grime. EFC-38 contains sodium percarbonate and additional surfactants that boost the overall effectiveness. EFC-38 was designed to clean and prep all exterior wood. EFC-38 is safe to use and makes an excellent tool for wood preparation prior to applying a wood coating.
EFC-38 Wood Deck Cleaner Scores (1-10)
Removal of Graying, Dirt, Grime: 9
– EFC-38 is very effective at removing graying wood cells and algae. The wood surface looked 90% or better when done with the cleaning. All algae and mold were removed from the fence.
Cost Per Square Foot: 10
– Cost to clean the 1000 square foot fence was less than $.04 a foot. The powdered formula makes 5 gallons of liquid wood cleaner for 2 pounds of EFC-38
Removal of Old Stain: N/A
– EFC-38 is designed to clean wood and will strip older oil based decking stains. We did not rate it as a stripper since it is not labeled or designed to remove all wood deck stain coatings.
Ease of Application: 8
– EFC-38 mixes with water at the rate of 6-8 oz per gallon. We mixed the entire 2-pound container in 5 gallons of warm water. The EFC-38 dissolved fairly easy into the water. The product was applied with a pump up sprayer and applied to a fence. Coverage was close to 200 feet per gallon. A pressure washer was used to rinse off the gray wood and dirt.
Final Appearance of Cleaning: 9
– The fence was restored to like new condition. EFC-38 does need to be neutralized with the Citralic Wood Brightener. It is normal to neutralize wood deck cleaners and the final appearance was excellent for an application of a stain.
Overall Score for EFC-38 Wood Deck Cleaner: 9
– EFC-38 is an excellent cleaner for prepping your exterior wood, deck, or fencing. Performs as described and is very cost effective. Highly rated!
Where To Buy: Only Online
Product Type: Powdered Deck Cleaner Concentrate
Available Sizes: 2 lb. Container Makes 5 Liquid Gallons, 10 lb. Container Makes 20 Liquid Gallons
Application Temperature: 45-95 F
Coverage Per Gallon: 100-200 sq. ft
Application Tools: Scrub Brush, Pump Sprayer
Manufacturer: Extreme Solutions
Test Deck Stats:
Location of Deck: Texas
Fence Wood Type: Cedar
Fence Square Footage: 1000
Condition of Deck: Heavily grayed.
How Much Product Used: One 2 pound container. Retails for $19.99
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take inconsideration that results may differ due to different wood types, exposure to UV radiation, and natural weathering.
Average Ratings Score From Consumers Who Have Used Product