Restore-A-Deck Cleaner Kit Update 2019
Please read this article and post any questions you have in the comment are below. Our newly enhanced website now offers the ability to upload and post pictures of your exterior wood or deck. This will help us determine the proper prep for your deck using the Restore-A-Deck Cleaner and Wood Brightener Kits.
Below you will see a YouTube Video Review of the Restore A Deck Prepping kit. This is from an actual consumer and is very informative and helpful.
Restore-A-Deck Cleaner Review Below
Restore-A-Deck is the only product on the market that offers both a Step 1 Deck Cleaner and a Step 2 Deck Brightener in the same kit. Restore-A-Deck comes in a powdered concentrated formula. Each 2 lb container makes 5 liquid gallons. Simply pour each into a five-gallon container and add water to dissolve the powder concentrate.
Restore A Deck Cleaner and Brightener Scores (1-10)
Removal of Graying, Dirt, Grime: 9
– The Restore-A-Deck Step 1 Deck Cleaner did very well at removing general dirt and grime. The deep cleaning formula made it easy to break down the gray wood cells. All mold was removed as well. The Step 1 Deck Cleaner did not remove some rust stains from the furniture but the Step 2 Brightener did.
Cost Per Square Foot: 10
– The best on the market today. The cost to clean and brighten an average 600 square foot deck is less than $.07 a foot. Since Restore-A-Deck comes in a powder we liked that you only needed to mix as much as you needed. Very little waste.
Removal of Old Stain: N/A
– RAD products are designed to clean, not remove old deck stains. We would presume that they would remove a deck stain if the stain has deteriorated drastically.
Ease of Application: 8
– RAD does not come in a liquid. You need to measure 6 oz per gallon of water mix the entire 2 lb. container into 5 gallons of water. This product does apply easily with a garden pump sprayer. We needed to make sure to mix at the correct dosage otherwise, the powder did not completely dissolve. Testing was done with both scrubbing and pressure washing. Both worked well. Step 2 brightener does not need to be scrubbed, just rinsed with water after 10 minutes.
Final Appearance of Cleaning: 9
– The IPE wood deck looked brand new after cleaning and drying for 2 days. We would have given this a score of 10 if it was not for a couple of minor water spots that did not come out. These spots looked to be from planter boxes.
Overall Score for Restore-A-Deck Cleaner: 9
– Restore-A-Deck makes a great and economical product for reviving your deck to like new condition. We really like that kits contained both the cleaner and brightener. This was easier than buying the products separately.
Manufacturer: Restore A Deck
Product Type: Powdered Concentrate. Kit contains Step 1 Deck Cleaner and Step 2 Deck Brightener
Available Sizes: 2 Pound Container Makes 5 Liquid Gallons
Application Temperature: 45-95 F
Coverage Per Gallon: 100-200 sq. ft
Application Tools: Scrub Brush, Pump Sprayer
Test Deck Stats:
Deck Wood Type: IPE Exotic Hardwood
Deck Square Footage: 500
The condition of Deck: Heavily grayed with mold/mildew. No previous stain
How Much Product Used: RAD 300 Kit. Retails for $49.99
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different wood types, exposure to UV radiation, and natural weathering.
An Independent YouTube Customer Review