Update: Restore-A-Deck Stain Stripper Review
We would love to hear from you if you have used the Restore-A-Deck Stain Stripper on your wood or deck. Please post a rating in the Consumer Star Ratings below. Consumer reviews below in the comment section have shown excellent results when using the Restore-A-Deck Stain Stripper.
If you have any pictures of your experience with Restore-A-Deck Stain Stripper, you can add them in the comment area with a detailed description.
Restore-A-Deck Wood Stain Stripper is a biodegradable, powdered concentrate that quickly removes worn finishes to restore wood surfaces. Stains and varnishes are removed along with collected dirt, mold, mildew and mill glaze.
The Restore A Deck system is a multistep deck cleaning system, and best results are achieved when using all 3 products. This product is Step 1 Stripper of the Restore A Deck system and can be substituted for or used after Restore-A-Deck Wood Cleaner.
The Restore-A-Deck Deck Stain Stripper needs to be neutralized with a wood brightener.
Restore-A-Deck Deck Stain Stripper Scores (1-10)
Removal of Graying, Dirt, Grime: 9
– The RAD stripper easily cut through the dirt. All mold was removed from the deck.
Cost Per Square Foot: 10
-Restore-A-Deck Stain Stripper covers up to 1000 sq. feet for the 2 pound, $34.99 a bottle. The RAD stain stripper is a bargain to use for the cost! Less than $7 per gallon when mixed with water.
Removal of Old Stain: 9
– The Restore-A-Deck Stain Stripper was used to remove a buildup of TWP 100 Series stain. The stripper was very effective at removing over 95% of the TWP. There was a little difficulty in a spot where a doormat had sat there for years. We applied the RAD stripper to this spot with the pump sprayer and it came off easily.
Ease of Application: 10
– The RAD Deck Stain Stripper in the 2-pound container mixes with 5 gallons of water. We tested the stripper by using a pump sprayer for application. We covered our 800 sq foot deck in less than 10 minutes. We most of the 5 gallons to do this.
Final Appearance of Stripping: 9
– Great at removing our semi-transparent stain. It was very important that we used a wood brightener to neutralize as the RAD stripper is extremely strong.
Overall Score Restore-A-Deck Deck Stain Stripper: 9.4
– Great at removing stains, easily applied, and costs pennies a square foot! Our highest score to date. There are other deck stain strippers that are just as effective but we really like the ability to inject the stripper as an option.
Product Type: Powdered Concentrate Deck Stain Stripper
Available Sizes: 2 Pound Container Makes 5 Liquid Gallons
Application Temperature: 45-95 F
Coverage Per Container: 750-1000 sq. ft
Application Tools: Scrub Brush, Pressure Washer, Pump Sprayer.
Test Deck Stats:
Deck Wood Type: Cedar
Deck Square Footage: 800
The condition of Deck: 2-year-old TWP Stain was removed
How Much Product Used: 2 Pounds. Retails for $34.99 with Free shipping.
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different wood types, exposure to UV radiation, and natural weathering.