Update 2019 for Rust-Oleum Deck Resurface Products
Here at DeckStainHelp.com, we have worked hard over the years to become your trusted reference for deck stain opinions and consumer reviews. We thank you for your continued support.
Well, Rust-Oleum is back at it with a newer, relabeled version of their Rust-Oleum Deck Restore. The Deck Restore version has failed miserably in the last 5-6 years and a Class Action lawsuit was settled in 2018. They still continue to sell the Deck Restore version to unknowing consumers but they have come out with the newer RockSolid Deck Coating as well. This new version is marketed slightly differently. It is a Deck Resurface product that uses a primer first and can also be done in one day. From what we have seen and heard, the Rust-Oleum Rock Solid is not much better than the Deck Restore and continues to peel and fail. If you have used Rust-Oleum Rock Solid, we would like to hear what you think, so feel free to leave a comment below and pictures of your completed projects if you have them.
Transform your Deck in One Day with RockSolid 6X Deck Coat. This innovative one coat deck resurfacer is ideal for moderately worn decks and patios. It is formulated to resurface wooden decks and concrete patios.
- Ideal for moderately worn decks & patios
- 6X thicker for enhanced durability
- One coat coverage
- Superior weather-resistance and waterproofing protection
- Fills hairline cracks
- Available in 60 different colors, tint before use
- Coverage: up to 80 sq ft per gallon with 1 coat
Appearance After Initial Stain Application: 3
– The finished appearance of this product is poor. It looks “clumpy” and dirt has a tendency to stick to the surface as the product cures. The color did not match the color on the chart.
Preventing UV Graying at 1 Year Mark: 10
– Does not gray in the areas where it has not peeled.
Wear/Tear and Peeling: 2
– Of all the “Deck Resurface” products the Rust-Oleum version peels the worst. It started peeling within the first year of application in our cold weather state test deck.