Update for 2019: Flood CWF-UV5 Oil Wood Stain Review
Here at DeckStainHelp.com, we are proud of the fact that we have become the Internet’s number one reference for your deck stain opinions and reviews. We thank you for your continued support. Our customers who have used Flood CWF-UV5 Oil Wood Stain continue to give mixed reviews about the appearance and longevity of their deck stain projects. If you have used Flood CWF-UV5 Oil Wood Stain , we would like to hear what you think, so feel free to leave a comment below and pictures of your completed projects if you have them.
Important Note: This is our 2nd review for Flood CWF UV5. See our first review here: Flood CWF5 Oil Review
- Premium oil finish ideal for newer, less weathered wood
- Adds minimal color and highlights the natural wood grain
- Penetrating formula protects against moisture damage
- Mildew-resistant finish won’t crack, peel or flake
- Clear Tint Base can be custom-matched to most wood tones while maintaining the wood’s natural look
- Apply quickly with a pump or airless sprayer, or brush or roll on
- Features Penetrol®, which penetrates and protects wood from the inside out, ensuring long-lasting performance
Flood CWF5 Oil Stain Scores (1-10)
Appearance After Initial Stain Application: 8
– The Flood CWF-UV5 had a nice rich color when applied to the ACQ Pine decking. Golden with a hint of orange color. Knots were a little lighter in color than the rest of the deck but, that is normal for a true oil based stain. Grain was highlighted well.
Preventing UV Graying at 2 Year Mark: 7
– Color retention was decent. Flooring lost about 30% color, but railings retained much of the original color.
Wear/Tear and Peeling: 7
– No peeling, but there was wearing around the high traffic areas.