This post was updated on January 14, 2022
Using a Solid Color Deck Stain 2022
There are many different types of coatings when dealing with decking stains. Before searching for a deck stain, you should determine the look you want. Some stains (solid colors) will completely hide the wood grain similar to paint. When is the best time for a solid color opaque deck stain? This article will help with this topic.
It is important first to understand the different opacity levels of deck stains.
Semi-Transparent Deck Stains – A semi-transparent deck stain allows most of the wood’s natural color to show through will soaking into the wood grain.
Semi-Solid Deck Stains – Most semi-solid deck stains will almost completely hide the wood grain and natural color.
Solid or Opaque Decking Stains – These types of wood stains hide the grain completely and provide the most UV protection. Solid color stains will “film” on top of the wood, masking the grain while looking like paint. It should be noted that solid color deck stains are harder and normally more expensive to maintain.
So when is it best to use a Solid Color Deck Stain? Here are a few scenarios:
- Two-Toned Decks. The use of a solid stain only on the verticals and a semi-transparent for the floors. See this article for tips: Why Have a Two-Toned Deck
- Your Deck is already coated with a Solid Stain. See here for a list of the Best Solid Color Deck Stains
- Your deck is really old and on its last legs requiring a solid coating to hide all the imperfections.
- You like the solid color look! Many people prefer to have a solid color look for their deck. If that is what you are looking for, make sure to use one of the best brands. Restore-A-Deck Solid Stain is our go-to solid stain as deck restoration contractors.
Best Solid Color Deck Stain Photos
The Best Solid Color Deck Stain Video – DeckStainHelp.com
Any Questions on Solid Color Deck Stains? Ask Below!
Deck Stain Help & Questions
- Can You Stain Pressure Treated Wood Right Away
- Cleaning Wood With Bleach and Water
- Home Depot Outdoor Stain
- What to Use to Clean Deck Before Staining
- When to Stain a Deck
- Best Water Based Stain
- Sand Deck Before Staining
- Clear Deck Sealer
- Wood Deck Brightener
- IPE Stain Colors
- Deck Stain Before and After