Defy Wood Deck Cleaner is a safe alternative to chlorine bleach based cleaners. Defy Wood Cleaner is highly effective at removing general dirt, grime, and UV graying while restoring the wood’s natural color tones. Environmentally safe, powdered, oxygen based concentrate that makes 5 liquid gallons per container.
Defy Wood Cleaner should be used with the Defy Wood Brightener for maximum preparation.
Defy Wood Deck Cleaner Scores (1-10)
Removal of Graying, Dirt, Grime: 8
– The Defy Wood Cleaner did an excellent job at prepping the wood by removing all of the dirt and mold. The test deck had not been maintained in 6 years so the graying of the wood cells was extensive. The Defy Cleaner did a better than average job at softening these grayed wood cells so that a stiff scrubbing removed them from the deck surface.
Cost Per Square Foot: 10
– How can you complain about spending only $20 to clean a 750 square foot deck. That is $.03 a square foot. A bargain compared to liquid packaged cleaners.
Removal of Old Stain: N/A
– Defy Wood Cleaner is designed to prep decking by removing graying, dirt, mold, and grime. It will not remove old stains unless the stain is extremely deteriorated.
Ease of Application: 8
– Defy Wood Cleaner is packaged in a powdered formula. We mixed the entire 2.25 pound container into 5 gallons of warm water. The powdered dissolved rather easily into the water. We noticed a “bubbling” effect when we applied the cleaner to the decking. This “lifted” the dirt/graying, making the scrubbing and rinsing very simple. Make sure to thoroughly rinse the wood while the surface is still wet to remove all of the wood fibers.
Final Appearance of Cleaning: 8
– Very clean throughout the decking are when done. After we applied the Defy Wood Brightener, the overall appearance was even better
Overall Score for Defy Wood Deck Cleaner: 8.5
– Defy Wood Deck Cleaner is a great and inexpensive way to prep your wood prior to an application of a stain!
Where To Buy: Select Stores or Online
Product Type: Powdered Concentrate
Available Sizes: 2 Pound Container Makes 5 Liquid Gallons
Application Temperature: 45-95 F
Coverage Per Gallon: 150-200 sq. ft
Application Tools: Scrub Brush, Pump Sprayer
Test Deck Stats:
When Tested: June 2007
Deck Wood Type: Pressure Treated Pine
Deck Square Footage: 750
Condition of Deck: Gray and dirty
How Much Product Used: One 2.25 Pound Container. Retails for $19.99
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take inconsideration that results may differ due to different wood types, exposure to UV radiation, and natural weathering.
Average Ratings Score From Consumers Who Have Used Product