This post was updated on April 21, 2022
Gulf Synthetics Deck Revive Review 2022
This review is from a third party. We personally have used the product numerous times throughout the last 4 years. No failures like the other Deck Resurface types. Reading the comments and reviews from consumers below, you will see the results have been excellent.
Deck Revive is a DIY acrylic based polymer deck coating that resurfaces old decks, docks, and other treated lumber — in ANY color you choose. Deck Revive repairs and protects wood structures from the constant expansion and contraction cycle that destroys wood.
Traditional deck stains, deck paints, and deck sealers just put a new color on old splinters, cracks, and nailheads and have to be re-applied annually. Deck Revive actually fills in cracks and knots, locks down splinters and nailheads, and provides a new slip-resistant textured surface that lasts for years.
Unlike other “Deck Resurfacer” type products, Deck revive is breathable, allowing moisture to escape.
DeckRevive Freeze-Thaw Performance Test
Scope: Test comparison of Rust-Oleum Deck Restore, Behr Deck Over, and Gulf Synthetics DeckRevive.
- The front panel and edges were coated according to manufacturer-recommended application instructions, leaving the back of the panel untreated.
- The panel was fully submerged in water at room temperature for 24 hours, removed from the water and placed in 15° Fahrenheit freezer for 24 hours, and removed and allowed to recover at room temperature. This process constitutes one cycle.
- As of this published overview of freeze/thaw testing the panel has been exposed to 24 cycles
- Deck Restore was initially soft and somewhat recovered but can be removed from the substrate with little effort and there was no evidence of substrate cracking through the coating.
- Deck Over slightly softened and fully recovered but due to its lack of film build compared to the other coatings displayed substrate cracking through the coating.
- Deck Revive slightly softened but fully recovered within the 24-hour room temperature portion
See Testing Video Here:
Web site: Gulf Synthetics
Cost: $275 per Kit
Stain Type: Solid Color Deck Surfacer, water based
Available Colors: Any Color
Application Temperature: 45-95 F
Coats Required: 2 Coats.
Coverage Per Gallon: 200 sq. ft for 2 coats per kit.
Application Tools: Brush, Roller
Dry Time: 2-8 Hours
Cleanup: Water Cleanup
VOC Compliant: 250 Compliant in all States
More Info: Product Data
Manufacturer: Gemini Coatings
Gulf Synthetics Deck Revive Photos
*We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different wood types, exposure to UV radiation, and natural weathering.
Deck Stain Help & Questions
- Best Oil Stain For Decks
- Deck Stain Sealer
- Sanding IPE Deck
- Penofin Stain and Sealer
- Menards Deck Stain Colors
- How to Remove Solid Stain From Wood Deck
- Gray Deck
- IPE Oil Vs Penofin
- How to Clean Deck With Bleach
- How to Remove Green Mildew From Deck
- Trick For Painting Between Deck Boards
- Water Based Exterior Stain
Stain Reviews & Comparisons
Products & Brands
- Sherwin Williams Mountain Ash
- Wolman Durastain
- Staining Fence Without Cleaning
- Ready Seal Stain Colors
- Olympic Deck Stain Reviews
- Cabot Deck Stain
- Olympic Stain and Sealant
- Cabot Solid Color Acrylic Deck Stain
- Behr Waterproof Stain and Sealer
- Sherwin Williams Chestnut Stain
- Ready Seal Deck Stain Reviews
As an article and comment contributor to the site, Scott has been around the pressure washing industry since attending college. In 1993 he started his first company called Oakland Pressure Wash specializing in exterior pressure washing and deck staining. That company evolved into OPW L.L.C. shortly thereafter concentrating more on exterior wood and deck restoration. Scott and his Deck Cleaning Michigan company have restored over 10,000 decks in the Metro Detroit area since the early years. He has become an authority in the deck restoration industry and has contributed to numerous wood restoration forums and informative sites.
All the products he suggests through this site are sold through online sites and in retail stores, allowing the consumer to choose their own means of purchase. Scott’s eCommerce sites do sell many top brands he endorses and if you appreciate any of the help he has offered then feel free to purchase from one of them.