This post was updated on January 19, 2022
Update 2022: Behr Premium Stain and Finisher Stripper Review
We would love to hear from you if you have used Behr Premium Stain and Finisher Stripper. Please post a rating in the Consumer Star Ratings below. Behr Premium Stain and Finisher Stripper has continued to show moderate effectiveness when stripping deck stains.
If you have any pictures of your experience with the Behr Premium Stain and Finisher Stripper Review you can add them in the comment area with a detailed description.
Behr Premium Stain and Finisher Stripper is designed to remove exterior latex, oil-based and 100% Acrylic coatings on Wood Decks, Siding, Fences, Shakes, and Shingles.
Behr Premium Stain and Finisher Stripper Scores (1-10)
Removal of Graying, Dirt, Grime: 7
– Behr Stain Stripper removes general dirt and graying with relative ease. The deep penetration of the stripper softens the dirt and grime so it can easily be rinsed from the wood.
Cost Per Square Foot: 6
– The cost to use the Behr Stripper was high in our opinion since it did not work to remove the wood stain from the deck.
Removal of Old Stain: 3
– We used the Behr Stain Stripper to remove a failed, peeling coat of Behr Semi-Transparent Stain. The stripper did little for removal as maybe 50% of the stain on the flooring came off. The stripper had little to no effect on removing the finish from the vertical railings.
Ease of Application: 7
– The Behr Stain Stripper was applied with a garden pump sprayer to the deck surface. We had a few issues with the sprayer clogging otherwise there was no issue with the application.
Final Appearance of Stripping: 3
– Poor! Barely removed the Behr Stain. We would ask for a refund.
– The Behr Stain remover did a poor job removing the Behr Acrylic Deck Stain. We asked the manager at Home Depot and he suggested stripping the deck numerous times until it finally came off. We would not suggest this product.
Where To Buy: Home Depot
Product Type: Liquid Stripper For Exterior Stain Removal
Available Sizes: 1 Gallon
Application Temperature: 45-95 F
Coverage Per Gallon: 100-200 sq. ft
Application Tools: Scrub Brush, Pump Sprayer
Manufacturer: Behr Corporation
Test Deck Stats:
Deck Wood Type: Pine Porch
Deck Square Footage: 250
The condition of Deck: 2-year-old Behr Premium Wood Stan Semi-Transparent
How Much Product Used: 3 Gallons. Retails for $29.99 a gallon
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different wood types, exposure to UV radiation, and natural weathering.
The Best Deck Strippers Video – DeckStainHelp.com
Deck Stain Help & Questions
- Lowes Stain Colors
- Deck Stain
- Cleaning Deck Before Staining
- Paint Over Stained Deck
- How Long Does It Take For Deck Stain to Dry
- Staining a New Deck
- Power Wash Deck Before Staining
- Best Deck Stain and Sealer
- Deck Stain Help
- Two Tone Deck Ideas
- Cleaning Decking With Bleach
- Removing Solid Stain From Deck
Stain Reviews & Comparisons
As an article and comment contributor to the site, Scott has been around the pressure washing industry since attending college. In 1993 he started his first company called Oakland Pressure Wash specializing in exterior pressure washing and deck staining. That company evolved into OPW L.L.C. shortly thereafter concentrating more on exterior wood and deck restoration. Scott and his Deck Cleaning Michigan company have restored over 10,000 decks in the Metro Detroit area since the early years. He has become an authority in the deck restoration industry and has contributed to numerous wood restoration forums and informative sites.
All the products he suggests through this site are sold through online sites and in retail stores, allowing the consumer to choose their own means of purchase. Scott’s eCommerce sites do sell many top brands he endorses and if you appreciate any of the help he has offered then feel free to purchase from one of them.