Updated February 3rd, 2020
Update 2020: Behr Premium Stain and Finisher Stripper Review
We would love to hear from you if you have used Behr Premium Stain and Finisher Stripper. Please post a rating in the Consumer Star Ratings below. Behr Premium Stain and Finisher Stripper has continued to show moderate effectiveness when stripping deck stains.
If you have any pictures of your experience with the Behr Premium Stain and Finisher Stripper Review you can add them in the comment area with a detailed description.
Behr Premium Stain and Finisher Stripper is designed to remove exterior latex, oil-based and 100% Acrylic coatings on Wood Decks, Siding, Fences, Shakes, and Shingles.
Behr Premium Stain and Finisher Stripper Scores (1-10)
Removal of Graying, Dirt, Grime: 7
– Behr Stain Stripper removes general dirt and graying with relative ease. The deep penetration of the stripper softens the dirt and grime so it can easily be rinsed from the wood.
Cost Per Square Foot: 6
– The cost to use the Behr Stripper was high in our opinion since it did not work to remove the wood stain from the deck.
Removal of Old Stain: 3
– We used the Behr Stain Stripper to remove a failed, peeling coat of Behr Semi-Transparent Stain. The stripper did little for removal as maybe 50% of the stain on the flooring came off. The stripper had little to no effect on removing the finish from the vertical railings.
Ease of Application: 7
– The Behr Stain Stripper was applied with a garden pump sprayer to the deck surface. We had a few issues with the sprayer clogging otherwise there was no issue with the application.
Final Appearance of Stripping: 3
– Poor! Barely removed the Behr Stain. We would ask for a refund.
– The Behr Stain remover did a poor job removing the Behr Acrylic Deck Stain. We asked the manager at Home Depot and he suggested stripping the deck numerous times until it finally came off. We would not suggest this product.
Where To Buy: Home Depot
Product Type: Liquid Stripper For Exterior Stain Removal
Available Sizes: 1 Gallon
Application Temperature: 45-95 F
Coverage Per Gallon: 100-200 sq. ft
Application Tools: Scrub Brush, Pump Sprayer
Manufacturer: Behr Corporation
Test Deck Stats:
Deck Wood Type: Pine Porch
Deck Square Footage: 250
The condition of Deck: 2-year-old Behr Premium Wood Stan Semi-Transparent
How Much Product Used: 3 Gallons. Retails for $19.99 a gallon
*All products tested and results are from our experience. We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different wood types, exposure to UV radiation, and natural weathering.