This review is from a third party. We personally have not reviewed/used this product. We posted the review based on respect for the manufacturer and belief that this product has real value and an excellent history based on consumer reviews. This review is not an actual outdoor field test but a Freeze/Thaw test.
Deck Revive is a DIY acrylic based polymer deck coating that resurfaces old decks, docks, and other treated lumber — in ANY color you choose. Deck Revive repairs and protects wood structures from the constant expansion and contraction cycle that destroys wood.
Traditional deck stains, deck paints, and deck sealers just put new color on old splinters, cracks and nailheads and have to be re-applied annually. Deck Revive actually fills in cracks and knots, locks down splinters and nailheads, and provides a new slip-resistant textured surface that lasts for years.
Unlike other “Deck Resurfacer” type products, Deck revive is breathable, allowing moisture to escape.
DeckRevive-Freeze Thaw Performance Test
Scope: Test comparison of Rust-Oleum Deck Restore, Behr Deck Over and Gulf Synthetics DeckRevive.
- Front panel and edges were coated according to manufacturer-recommended application instructions, leaving the back of the panel untreated.
- Panel was fully submerged in water at room temperature for 24 hours, removed from water and placed in 15° Fahrenheit freezer for 24 hours and removed and allowed to recover at room temperature. This process constitutes one cycle.
- As of this published overview of freeze/thaw testing the panel has been exposed to 24 cycles
- Deck Restore was initially soft and somewhat recovered but can be removed from the substrate with little effort and there was no evidence of substrate cracking through the coating.
- Deck Over slightly softened and fully recovered but due to its lack of film build compared to the other coatings displayed substrate cracking through the coating.
- Deck Revive slightly softened but fully recovered within the 24 hour room temperature portion
See Testing Video Here:
Web site: Gulf Synthetics
Cost: $240 per Kit
Stain Type: Solid Color Deck Surfacer
Available Colors: Any Color
Application Temperature: 45-95 F
Coats Required: 2 Coats.
Coverage Per Gallon: 200 sq. ft for 2 coats per kit.
Application Tools: Brush, Roller
Dry Time: 2-8 Hours
Cleanup: Water Cleanup
VOC Compliant: 250 Compliant in all States
More Info: Product Data
Manufacturer: Gemini Coatings
*We offer no guarantee of similar results. Take inconsideration that results may differ due to different wood types, exposure to UV radiation, and natural weathering.